Ultrasound and Doppler Preparations:
Abdominal Examination (Liver-Gall bladder-Kidney-Hepatic Doppler)
- Fasting for 6-8 hours before examination.
- Drinking water, tea or coffee and eating one piece1 of toast bread with honey or jam are allowed.
- Avoid taking egg or milk or its products and carbonated water.
Pelvic Ultrasound (Urinary bladder, Prostatic gland , Uterus and ovaries)
- Drinking plenty of water, patient has to hold micturation 2 hours before the examination.
- Disflatyl tablet has to be taken 3 times every 6 hours before the exam.
Ultrasound Guided Biopsy
- Bleeding profile: bleeding time, clotting time, prothrombin time, PTT
- Bring X-ray films, C.T. and MRI films done to the patient, if any.
- Complete fasting 6 hours prior to the exam.
- Blood pressure should be checked.