How to Prepare?
You should arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time to complete all necessary paperwork.
- You should wear comfortable clothing that have no metal zippers, belts or buttons in the abdominal or pelvic areas. You may be asked to remove jewellery, eyeglasses and metal objects that could interfere with the x-ray images. If you do not have clothing without metal components we may ask you to change into a gown.
- Medications may be taken as prescribed.
- You may be asked to stop eating solid foods 2 hours prior to the procedure.
- Depending upon which part of the body is being scanned you may be required to drink an oral contrast 1 hour prior to your exam. If you are having scans of your abdomen and/or pelvis you will need to drink this. The contrast helps to outline the stomach and intestines so abnormalities can be identified.
- Bring any previous x-ray and CT films with you to the appointment in case they are needed for comparison.